A rhinoplasty, otherwise known as a nose job is a surgical process that is aimed at adjusting parts of the person’s nose in such a way that a certain purpose is achieved. The most common reason why people get a nose job is because they want to improve the look of their nose and bring harmony to their face making it a cosmetic procedure. However, there are also people that get a nose job done for health reasons especially where the person’s breathing is affected by how his nose is structured and can only be treated through a nose job surgery. The following are the things that can be changed by getting a rhinoplasty or a nose job:
- The size of the nose in relation to the balance of the person’s face.
- The width of the nose at the bridge area as well as the position of the person’s nostrils and their size.
- The profiling of the nose and the visibility of depressions and or humps in the bridge area.
- The shape of the nasal tip which can be large and bulb like, drooping down, in a hook shape, or bent upwards.
- The look of the person’s nostrils which can be wide, large, or turned upwards.
- Then symmetrical appearance of the person’s nose.
When a person is getting a nose job to correct a health issue like a deviated septum, the issue has to be evaluated a lot more carefully than a procedure done for cosmetic purposes. The structure of the nose has to be checked out to see how well the air and flow inside and how this can affect the breathing of the patient. A septum that is deviated is usually corrected through a nose job by doing adjustments to the structure so that it is better aligned thus allowing more air to flow.
Knowing that, how much would it cost to get a rhinoplasty? Well on average, the procedure would cost about 4,694 US Dollars as shown through statistics. However, it is important to know that the entire cost of a nose job can vary greatly. That average cost does not even yet take into account the anesthetics, the facilities, and other expenses a patient may expect to pay. In addition to that, you should that the experience of the surgeon will relate to the cost of the surgery which means the more experienced the surgeon is, the more expensive the treatment is going to be. The entire cost of a nose job will include the following:
- Cost of the anesthesia
- Fees of the surgical facilities or the hospital.
- Fees of medical testing.
- Garments after the surgery process.
- Cost of the medication one needs after a rhinoplasty.
- Fee of the surgeon.
If you are getting a rhinoplasty in order to address a health issue, then the costs can be covered by your health insurance. However, if you are getting it as a cosmetic procedure, then your insurance won’t be used to pay for it.