When it comes to lasik eye surgery, there are both pros and cons that come along with choosing to have it done or not. If you are considering getting lasik eye surgery, then you will want to weigh out your pros and cons in order to be sure that it is the best option for you. You will also want to be sure that you can even have it done in the first place. As lasik works to correct the vision problems of most people, there are some people that can not have lasik eye surgery. Only your eye surgeon and lasik specialist can tell you if you are a candidate for lasik or not.
As there are pros and cons for any types of surgeries, there are pros and cons for lasik eye surgery. Listed here are the pros and cons to consider when it comes to choosing the right options for you and your vision.
Here are the pros for going to a lasik center and getting lasik eye surgery:
- You can correct your vision! One of the biggest pros is that you can correct your vision. This is vital when you want to wake up in the morning and not have to worry about putting on your glasses or your contact lenses.
- You will have long lasting results with lasik. You will also have long lasting results with lasik. As the perfect vision can fade over time, you will have better vision for an extended period of time. This is the best option for getting the best vision possible.
- You will see results within 24 hours. Another benefit of using lasik is that you will see results right away, in as little as 24 hours after surgery. You will want to sleep off your surgery and then when you wake up, you will have perfect vision.
- It is quick and pain free. It is also a very fast procedure and is also painless. Your eyes may be sore afterwards but otherwise, you won’t experience any pain.
Here are the cons for choosing to get lasik eye surgery:
- Anything that is done to the cornea cannot be reversed during surgery.
- Some vision loss can occur after a year. You may see a decrease in your vision after one year.
- You may have dry eyes. One of the side effects that can last for a few months after surgery is that you may have dry eyes.
- You may have night vision problems in the beginning. In the first couple of months after surgery, then you may have night vision problems, such as seeing halos or experiencing sensitivity to bright lights.
As you can see, there are many different pros and cons that come along with lasik. If you are looking for the right lasik eye center to schedule a consultation, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Cutarelli Vision. They are the leading experts in eye care and can help you find the right options, whether it is lasik or not, for your vision.