Menopause is a natural occurrence that happens to women typically after the age of 40. It involves the process when which a woman stops menstruating. Menopause is defined when you don’t have a menstrual period for 12 months. This is when your ovaries stop functioning and you cannot become pregnant any longer in life. However, this also affects other bodily functions and processes as well. When your body enters menopause, then you stop producing the same amounts of estrogen as before.
Estrogen that is a hormone that is produced by the endocrine system. This is a very important hormone and when it slows down its production in your body, then you will be faced with health problems and symptoms. However, as menopause occurs over time, you have a period of age 40-55 where you can enter menopause. There are many things to learn about menopause if you are nearing the age or are experiencing symptoms of it. Listed here are the top five things to know about menopause:
- Hormone replacement therapy. One of the best ways to treat menopausal symptoms, as long as they are moderate to severe, is through hormone replacement therapy. This is also recommended if you have a family history of osteoporosis and want to prevent the occurrence of it in your post menopausal years.
- The age of menopause. The average age of menopause is 51 years old but you can start experiencing menopausal symptoms anywhere from ages 45-55. It can occur as early as in the 30s but usually due to a health condition as a result from chemotherapy or having a hysterectomy.
- Treatments of menopause. The main treatment for menopausal symptoms is hormone replacement therapy. However, there are other treatments available as well such as yoga, tai chi and reducing stress in your life.
- Health conditions related to menopause. Once you hit menopause, then you are at a higher risk for osteoporosis.
- You typically go through menopause when your mother did.
As you can see, there are many things to learn about menopause. When it comes to the signs and symptoms of menopause, then you will want to figure out the best ways to ease the pain or symptoms of menopause. You may also want to consider endocrinology treatments such as hormone replacement therapy as a way to treat it if you are also at a risk for osteoporosis in your family. There are many things to consider and talking about your options with the right healthcare provider is the best way to figure out the best moves for your particular case.
If you want to find the right doctor or clinic to help you with your symptoms, then you can start by asking around for referrals or recommendations from your friends or family members. You can also go online in order to find a variety of options and health clinics. If you want to learn more about hormone replacement therapies as well as weight loss treatments, then you can contact the experts over at Natural Bio Health. They can help you with a variety of treatments that are related with menopause as well as obesity.