Finding a quality cosmetic dentist isn’t nearly as easy as most people think it’s going to be. A huge number of dentists out there are only in it for the money. These are the ones that cram as many patients into a single day as they possibly can, virtually ensuring that they’ll only offer the minimal care and give the minimal time to each person that comes through their doors. Then there are other dentists out there that simply aren’t fully competent in their line of work. They may have spent years in dental school and passed all of their tests, but they just aren’t great at what they do and the quality of the work in your mouth shows it. Then there are other dentists who charge too much for their work, other dentists who can never seem to fit you in, and still others who don’t have good patient-side manners.
Of course, there are plenty of really great dentists out there, people like Christine Theroux DDS. She’s one of the best dentists in the country, offering quality dental care, great rates, and excellent customer service to each patient that walks through her doors. Not all dentists are like Dr. Theroux, but they should be.
What makes a cosmetic dentist great? The following five things.
1. Experience. Whether you need a simple teeth whitening or you need to get a bridge put in, it’s usually a good idea to go with a dentist who has been practicing for a long time. You need to find someone who truly knows what they are doing, and the best way to ensure that is to find someone who has been practicing for a long time. The more years a dentist has been practicing, the more he/she is going to know about their industry and the more expertise they will have gained over the years.
2. Affordability. While you’re likely covered with dental insurance, there’s no reason to be charged more than you should for certain procedures.
3. Variety of services. When you go to the dentist, you usually do so thinking that they’ll be able to do whatever it is that you need. It’s not the case with all dentists, so make sure the one you hire offers the kinds of services you need.
4. Great reputation. Try to find a dentist with a strong reputation among their patients. Read their reviews and testimonials to see what their past patients have thought of them.
5. Accolades. Lastly, this doesn’t necessarily make a dentist great but it’s a good sign that they are. Accolades are important when you’re looking for a dentist because it shows you’ve found one that other people who know about the industry believe is a good one. The more awards a dentist has won the more likely it is that they truly know what they are doing. If nothing else, look for the dentists with the most awards and go forward with them. As a side note, this is also something that Dr. Theroux has excelled at throughout her career.