It’s a difficult day when you decide that it’s time for the person you care deeply about to move into a senior memory care center. It’s incredibly difficult to admit that the person you’ve know all your life needs to be moved into a memory care center because their needs are simply too high to be met by you and/or your family. Of course, the transfer to such a center is made easier if you’re able to find one that you like. There are plenty of great memory care facilities out there, but there are plenty of bad ones too. Here’s a list of five qualities to look for in such a center. Hopefully, this list will help you differentiate between the bad memory care centers and the good ones.
1. Commitment to Training. The first thing to look for is that they’re committed to training. This means that they send their staff members to trainings, seminars, and programs throughout the year so that they’re the best trained staff that they can be.
2. Outstanding Staff Members. When a staff are trained right and know what they’re doing, they’re able to relax and be themselves. This tends to lead towards staff members who are outstanding at their jobs and who actually enjoy what they do. Look for a facility with those kind of staff members.
3. A Welcoming and Comfortable Environment. The third thing to look for is a welcoming and comfortable environment. With this sort of thing you just know it when you see it.
4. Superb Food. Fourth, try and find a memory care center with superb food. Simply because your loved one is losing their memory doesn’t mean they should be eating just anything. Try the food out at each center you’re considering and take it into consideration.
5. Plenty to do. The last thing that you should be looking for in a memory care center is that there’s plenty to do. There’s been a great deal of research over the past couple of years that’s shown that people suffering from memory loss are often able to hold it off for a longer period of time if they’re stimulating their brain regularly. In other words, if you move your loved one into a facility where they get to play lots of games and engage with others on a consistent basis, then it’s possible that their memory loss might not get worse as quickly. On top of that, people hate to be bored, and if there’s nothing to do at the facility then that’s exactly what they’re going to be.
The Legacy at Cimarron is an assisted living facility specializing in memory care that offers all five of the things from the above list. They’ve been around for quite some time, and during that time have developed an outstanding reputation both within the industry and among their residents and their families. If you want to ensure that your loved one is living in the best memory care center in the El Paso region, then The Legacy at Cimarron is the one to choose.