There are many different offerings and services that you can find with the right orthodontist. In fact, if you are looking for the right orthodontics office for your needs, then you will be surprised at what all they have to offer you in terms of services. An orthodontist is a dental professional that specializes in preventing and treating any dental irregularities that arise in your teeth. This can include both issues with your jaw as well as issues with your teeth. This can also include fixing problems such as an over bite, an under bite, an open bite, crowded teeth, impacted teeth, gapped teeth, and more. If you are experiencing issues with the structures of your teeth, then you will want to visit an orthodontist in order to find the best solutions for you.
Before you begin the hunt for the right orthodontist for your needs, then you will want to know what all orthodontists have to offer so that you can find the right one for you! Listed here are several different offerings of an orthodontist:
- TMJ/TMD. One service that you can expect to find with your orthodontist is treatment for TMJ or other jaw issues that you may be experiencing. Symptoms of TMJ or TMD include pain in the jaw area, pain or ringing in the ears, frequent headaches, clicking or popping sound with your jaw, jaw muscle spasms, locked jaw, and differences between the alignment of your top teeth and bottom teeth.
- Sleep Apnea. Sleep apnea is another different type of treatment that can be treated by your orthodontist. You can find treatment for sleep apnea from your orthodontist in issues that may result from problems with your jaw. Symptoms of sleep apnea include mouth breathing, excessive daytime sleepiness, nasal speech, hyperactivity, snoring, gasping, pauses in breathing, and restless sleep.
- Braces. Your orthodontist can also help you find the right braces for your needs. They can also help you figure out which types of braces may work best for your needs as they are many different braces on the market, such as clear braces.
- Invisalign. Your orthodontist may also help decide between regular braces and clear plastic aligners. These are a newer technology that are designed to be fitted into your mouth but also can be removed for cleaning. You also don’t have to worry about a restricted food list when dealing with Invisalign.
- Missing teeth. If you are missing teeth, then your orthodontist can also help you resolve this issues with a variety of methods that are used to fix missing teeth, crowded teeth, gaps in your teeth and more.
As you can see, these are just a few of the many offerings of an orthodontist and some of the many offerings that you can find with the experts over at Fruge Orthodontics. There are many different orthodontist offices that you can choose from and you will want to find a team of experts that can help meet all of your orthodontist needs in a professional and timely manner.